Use the January poems packet – Winter reading comprehension passages activities to see if your 3rd, 4th & 5th-grade students understand poetry. These poems are geared towards the winter months, New Year’s, and making resolutions, and include one poem about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The January poem’s product is DIGITAL and PRINTABLE and can be used in a variety of ways. Want to save 30% on this resource? Check out this JANUARY BUNDLE.
The 5 DIGITAL SELF-GRADING PASSAGES can be used in the classroom, during tutoring, homeschooling, or other online learning. The self-grading passages are multiple-choice and use Google forms. The teacher will receive the grade upon completion.
The 5 PRINTABLE passages include multiple-choice, short answers, and a writing reflection page for each.
The following reading skills have been added to the poems, which may help to teach:
- New vocabulary
- Infer within the text
- Main Idea
- Figurative Language
- Point of View
- Using Text Evidence
Included inside Winter poetry reading comprehension passages:
- 5 original poems that challenge your readers with different skills. The poems are written in various forms (Acrostic, Free Verse, Humorous, Narrative, and Rhyming).
- Each printable passage is available in a multiple-choice or short-answer option. There are 5 questions for each poem.
- 5 Digital self-grading poems using Google forms
- Writing Reflection Page for students to complete after reading the poems. (Printable version only)
- An answer key is included for easy grading.
If you need more READING COMPREHENSION PRACTICE, check out these resources below:
- Monthly Poems- Reading Comprehension Practice – 30% off DISCOUNT
- Comprehension Passages for Inference, Vocabulary, Figurative Language, & Sense of Humor
- Reading Passages with Comprehension Questions BUNDLE (Contains over 50 Passages)
Don’t hesitate to contact me at Marcy’s Mayhem if you have questions or comments.
Copyright © Marcy’s Mayhem
All rights reserved by the author
Permission to copy for single-classroom use