Keep your class engaged in the time leading up to winter break with this DIGITAL project, which is great for 4th graders, 5th & 6th grade. There is very minimal planning required for the teacher and easy to use over a week or more with your students.
Learning to be on a budget is important for student’s to understand. Teach your class about budgeting money with this project based learning project, which helps students plan how they will spend over the holiday break.
HOW TO USE:
- Give your student’s a budget and let their imaginations run wild. They pick items to buy as long as they stay within a budget.
- You can let your class work in groups/partners to plan the perfect project.
- First student’s will brainstorm how to spend money on a themed party, dinner party, outdoor activity, and gifts they will buy friends and family.
- They will write about why they picked each of the events and draw pictures. Student’s WILL NEED to use computers to research for this project.
- The class will present their activity at the end of the project.
- Included are rubrics for the teacher to grade their project easily. The student’s will even rate their group members for participation.
I hope you enjoy, and find this project beneficial to your class. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Marcy’s Mayhem.
For more behind the scenes info on these resources, teacher tips, hacks, products, and sales check out @marcys_mayhem on Instagram!