Use this fun back-to-school activity with your 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th-grade students to learn to budget money. This low-prep project-based learning resource will help the kids in your classroom understand how to compare the cost of items and how quickly a budget can be spent. The teacher will love how this resource can be printed and promptly explained to students, and they will do the rest of the work.
Click here for the digital version: ➤ BACK TO SCHOOL- MATH PBL PROJECT.
How to use the back-to-school activity:
(Please note: Students must have access to a computer to complete this project)
1. The teacher will hand the students a check (included inside digital copy) for the amount they are allotted to spend on the project.
2. The students are given several scenarios to shop for back-to-school preparation. Students will research to compare the costs of things like school supplies, back-to-school clothing, extra curricular activities, etc.
3. There are writing activity that goes along with the project if the teacher wishes to use them.
4. Upon completion, the class can present their project to the class. The project can be used as a whole or broken into pieces to fit the teacher’s needs for the classroom.
•Guide for Comparing Prices
•Comparing Prices Log
•Sample Lists to Guide Students
•Writing Activity with Pre-Writing Organizer
•Rubrics for Teachers during project and presentation
•Rubrics for students to evaluate their peers
Want to save money on this product? Each of the bundles listed below is 25% off.
(4 PRINTABLE & 4 DIGITAL PROJECTS INSIDE)
- PROJECT-BASED LEARNING PRINTABLE PROJECTS – (4 PROJECTS INSIDE)
Additional info: This product may be too challenging for a 4th grader. This could be used with a higher level or GT 4th-grade student(s). I recommend using this product for a 5th-grade classroom or up to middle school.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me at Marcy’s Mayhem.
Copyright © Marcy’s Mayhem
All rights reserved by the author
Permission to copy for single-classroom use