May & spring poetry reading comprehension passages are perfect for your 4th & 5th graders. These reading activities focus on Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, the summertime, and the end of the school year.
Use the May poetry reading comprehension passages resource to see if your students understand poetry. These summer poems are DIGITAL and PRINTABLE and have topics that discuss Mother’s Day, an explanation of Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, being outdoors, and counting down to summertime. This resource is very low-prep and can be used in various ways for upper elementary (3rd,4th, and 5th grade) students. Use this print-and-go product during May, which includes a narrative, rhyming, free verse, and acrostic style of poetry.
The 5 DIGITAL SELF-GRADING PASSAGES can be used for digital distance learning, in the classroom, in tutorials, or at home school. The self-grading passages are multiple-choice and use Google forms. The teacher will receive the grade upon completion.
The 5 PRINTABLE passages include multiple-choice, short answers, and a writing reflection page for each. (PDF format) Please note: the multiple-choice and short answers are the same questions.
The following reading skills are in the Spring poetry reading comprehension:
❀ New vocabulary
❀ Infer within the text
❀ Main Idea
❀ Figurative Language
❀ Point of View
❀ Using Text Evidence
INCLUDED INSIDE THE SPRING POETRY READING COMPREHENSION:
- 5 original poems that challenge your readers with different skills. The poems are written in various forms ( free verse, narrative, rhyming, and acrostic).
- The poem topics include Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, the summertime, and being outdoors.
- Each printable passage is available in a multiple-choice or short-answer option. There are 5 questions for each poem.
- 5 Digital self-grading poems use Google forms.
- Writing Reflection Page for students to complete after reading the poems. (Printable version only)
- An answer key is included for easy grading
To receive a discount on this resource, check out the MONTHLY POEMS UNIT.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ➜ POETRY PRACTICE.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at Marcy’s Mayhem.
Let’s connect with
You can also find me on TeachersPayTeachers! Click here ➜ for Marcy’s Mayhem.