Use these main ideas and key details passages to see if your students understand this skill. The main idea and supporting details worksheets are both printable & digital to use in a variety of ways.
When authors write they add many details in order to make their writing interesting. Students need to be able to determine if the detail is supporting and contributes to an author’s message or if they included the information for interest.
The main idea ACTIVITY includes:
- Teacher Examples
- Blank Graphic Organizer
- 12 Activity Cards (2 versions included)
- 2 Main Idea Reading Comprehension Passages
- Answer Keys
- Both in DIGITAL & PRINTABLE VERSIONS
The main idea Reading Comprehension passages include:
- 5 upper elementary reading passages (3 nonfiction, 1 poem, and 1 fiction).
- Each passage has 5 comprehension questions for the student to answer.
- The printable version includes a short answer option, multiple-choice, and writing reflection page.
- Digital version: Uses Google forms, the teacher receives an instant grade.
- The teacher will find that each of the questions is geared towards finding the main idea or details.
Use this product for independent work, small groups, virtual learning, tutorials, and homeschool. The answer key is included inside for easy grading.
For more SKILL-BASED products, try these: