These elements of drama reading comprehension passages are great for third, fourth, or fifth graders to practice using dramatic play. These scripts can be used as fun reading activities in the classroom, digitally, tutorials, as test prep & homeschool. Furthermore, teachers get an easy comprehension grade upon completion. Students can read aloud, read independently, or choose to act out a play before answering the comprehension questions. This packet can be used for distance learning and is printable. RECENTLY ADDED: DIGITAL SELF GRADING PASSAGES WITH MULTIPLE CHOICE FOR GOOGLE CLASSROOM (multiple choice)
THIS RESOURCE IS AVAILABLE IN A DIGITAL VERSION: DRAMA READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES (short answer option)
INCLUDED INSIDE DRAMA READING COMPREHENSION:
- ❀ Five original plays
- ❀ Each reading script has five comprehension questions. Short answer and multiple-choice options for each passage.
- ❀ Writing Reflection Page for each passage.
- ❀ Theme analysis – Students identify the theme of each play and reflect on the importance of the lesson.
- ❀ The answer key is included at the end of the presentation.
FOR MORE CLICK HERE ➜ DRAMA RESOURCES.
Practice these reading skills:
- ❀ Inference
- ❀ Vocabulary
- ❀ Text evidence
- ❀ Theme
- ❀ Character Analysis
- ❀ Turning point
- ❀ Idioms
Each of the plays has a theme. The reader is meant to identify it by using the problem and major events. The themes in this play are:
- ✿ Persistence pays off
- ✿ Stand up for yourself
- ✿ Being the Bigger Person is Important
- ✿ Be Kind to Others
- ✿ Cooperation
You can also find me on TeachersPayTeachers! Click here ➜ for Marcy’s Mayhem.