Use these Poetry Reading Comprehension Passages online for your 4th and 5th graders in the classroom, at homeschool, or tutoring.
The following reading skills inside the poetry reading comprehension online:
- New vocabulary
- Infer within the text
- Main Idea
- Figurative Language
- Point of View
- Using Text Evidence
- 5 original poems that challenge your readers with different skills. The poems are written in a variety of forms (Lyrical, Free Verse, Humorous and Rhyming)
- Each passage is available in a short answer option. There are 5 questions for each poem. These passages are great for major state testing prep, tutorials, extra practice, homework and more.
- Writing Reflection Page for student to complete after reading the poems.
- The answer key is included for easy grading.
- The passages can be sent separately to a student or all combined.
If you would like to receive a discount on this product, the GOOGLE SLIDES READING COMPREHENSION BUNDLE is also available in my store.
For extra practice during small groups, tutoring, extra practice, homework, or summer learning, check out the resources below.
- Comprehension Passages for Inference, Vocabulary, Figurative Language, & Sense of Humor
- Reading Passages with Comprehension Questions BUNDLE (Contains over 45 Passages)
- Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions – multiple choice for FICTION, NONFICTION, POETRY, & DRAMA
This product is best for 4th and 5th grade students. Third grade students can use if reading above level.
If you like these, I have additional passages that you can find in my store. I would for you to follow me at Marcy’s Mayhem to get updates on new products.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Marcy’s Mayhem
You can also find me on TeachersPayTeachers! Click here ➜ for Marcy’s Mayhem.
For more behind the scenes info on these resources, teacher tips, hacks, products, and sales check out @marcys_mayhem on Instagram!