The fall poetry unit is great for 3rd, 4th & 5th-grade students. Use these autumn themed poetry reading comprehension passages resources to see students understand poetry. Use this mentor poems unit while also checking for reading comprehension. This fall poetry unit contains 15 digital & printable passages with questions for September, October, & November.
This no-prep poetry unit resource features the fall months. Each month focuses on holidays in the month, changing seasons, and topics related to the time of the year.
Each month contains 5 DIGITAL SELF-GRADING PASSAGES that can be used for digital learning, in the classroom, home school, or tutorials. The self-grading passages are multiple-choice and use Google forms. The teacher will receive the grade upon completion.
The 5 PRINTABLE passages include multiple-choice, short answers, and a writing reflection page for each month. Students will enjoy reading these poems that are written in a variety of ways. Teachers can also use these poems as a model to show students how to write their own poetry.
The following reading skills are included in the Fall Poetry Unit:
- New vocabulary
- Infer within the text
- Main Idea
- Figurative Language
- Point of View
- Using Text Evidence
INCLUDED INSIDE THE FALL POETRY UNIT:
- Original poems that challenge your readers with different skills. The poems are written in various forms (Lyrical, Free Verse, Humorous, Narrative,Concrete, and Rhyming).
- Each printable passage is available in a multiple-choice or short-answer option. There are 5-7 questions for each poem.
- 5 Digital self-grading poems use Google forms.
- Writing Reflection Page for students to complete after reading the poems. (Printable version only)
- An answer key is included for easy grading.
Check out this link for more POETRY RESOURCES.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at Marcy’s Mayhem.
Let’s connect with @marcys_mayhem on Instagram!
You can also find me on TeachersPayTeachers! Click here ➜ for Marcy’s Mayhem.