This Fiction Critical Thinking Reading Comprehension 7th, 8th fluency passage resource will help you to check if your students understand what they are reading in middle school or to use it as a reading intervention. You can challenge your class with these original comprehension passages.
Use this resource is great for test prep, independent work, fluency practice, homework, or tutorials to hone skills your class/reader may struggle with.
INSIDE THIS CRITICAL THINKING READING COMPREHENSION RESOURCE:
- 5 REALISTIC FICTION passages (Each passage is between 2-3 pages in length)
- Multiple-choice & short answer option ( multiple-choice & short answer are the same questions)
- Printable & Digital – Digital version uses Google Forms. The teacher will receive the grade upon student completion.
- Writing reflection page for each passage- 6 total
- Simple fonts and clipart is used in this resource to minimize distractions while reading.
- Answer key provided
Show your students how to use:
- ✿ context clues/vocabulary (every passage)
- ✿ text evidence
- ✿ theme
- ✿ figurative language
- ✿ different poetry styles
- ✿ drawing conclusions
- ✿ author’s purpose
- ✿ main idea
- ✿ inference within the text
- ✿ critical thinking
- ✿ & more
For more behind-the-scenes info on these resources, teacher tips, hacks, products, and sales check out @marcys_mayhem on Instagram!
You can also find me on TeachersPayTeachers! Click here ➜ for Marcy’s Mayhem.